The African Securities Exchanges Association is the Premier Association of 27 Securities Exchanges in Africa, that have come together with the aim of developing Member Exchanges and providing a platform for networking.
The Association was established in 1993, and works closely with Member Exchanges to unlock the potential of the African Capital Markets and the African economies in the following ways:-
- Enhancing the visibility of ASEA members at the international level with a view to attract capital inflows to African Capital Markets
- Providing an authoritative information portal on African public markets and provide aggregated statistics and information on African Exchanges
- Being a powerful lobbying and advocacy voice for Member Exchanges
- Promoting market development among Member Exchanges
- Promoting Capacity Building and Training for Member Exchanges
- Initiating Strategic Alliances on behalf of Member Exchanges
ASEA seeks to position the African Capital Markets as key enablers of economic recovery in Africa by the year 2025.
To engage African capital market ecosystems in order to foster capital mobilization, promote sustainability, and
enhance financial inclusion for the benefit of Africa’s
A vibrant African capital market with an average market capitalization to GDP ratio of 123% by 2023.
We bring the highest levels of knowledge,
specialization and competence to our commitments.
We adopt best business practices in line with the highest levels of ethical standards and promote same amongst our members.
We participate actively in all matters involving the Association, and respond proactively to the needs of our stakeholders.