- April 27, 2021
- Posted by: ASEA
- Category: News
The African Exchanges Linkage Project (AELP) AELP PHASE is a flagship project of the African Securities Exchanges Association (ASEA) and the African Development Bank (AfDB) to facilitate cross-border trading of securities in Africa.
Improve depth and liquidity on Africa’s capital markets
AELP will foster investment flows among the participating Exchanges by enabling:
- Cross-border securities trading using an order-routing system (AELP Link technology platform) to channel orders between Stockbrokers on participating Exchange
- A Stockbroker sponsors the trade on the host Exchange
- Custody and settlement will be on the host Exchange according to its market rules and practice. Sponsoring broker and local custodian will be involved
- Live trading information among linked Exchanges and market participants
- Promote the African Listed Securities asset class and creating new products and securities on the linked Exchanges so that asset managers, stockbrokers, institutional investors and individual investors can identify investment opportunities across African markets
- Cross-border capital raising and Initial Public Offers (IPOs)
- Develop capacity between the Exchanges and boost collaboration between capital market Regulators, Central Banks and central depositories.